The Diabetes & Nutrition Center at Northwest Hospital is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self Management Education. The center not only serves patients with diabetes but also those with other medical conditions that can be improved through nutritional counseling, diet and lifestyle changes. Through one-on-one evaluation and group classes, patients receive the tools they need to better manage their medical condition and feel healthier.
The Diabetes & Nutrition Center at Northwest Hospital offers these helpful services:
Scheduling an Appointment
- Diabetes Management - Certified diabetic educator creates individual plans of care for patients. These customized plans include day-to-day methods of managing food intake, physical activity and glucose levels.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy - A registered dietitian educates patients about using diet to manage their specific medical conditions. This includes learning how to recognize and reduce symptoms.
- FREE Diabetes Education Classes - The center offers free classes for its patients who are interested in learning more about diabetes and its methods of treatment.
Many insurance plans cover visits to the Diabetes & Nutrition Center at Northwest Hospital. To set up an appointment, you will need a referral from your primary care physician that includes a diagnosis.
To schedule an appointment, call 410-521-8383.
Bring the following items with you to your first visit:
A doctor's referral and any forms requested by the clinic staff.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking, including over-the-counter medications.
- A copy of most recent lab work.
- Medical records, if appropriate.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
The Diabetes & Nutrition Center at Northwest Hospital is located in the outpatient services area at Northwest Hospital. Please proceed to the main entrance on Carlson Lane, and after entering the hospital, turn left. Check in at the reception desk in the Sara & David S. Brown Lobby.
5401 Old Court Road
Randallstown, MD 21133
Accreditation, Licensures & Memberships