Brain Injury Association of Maryland
BIAM provides linkage to a vast array of resources, including psychosocial supports that might be useful after a brain injury.

Division of Rehabilitation Services
DORS provides services for employment, individual supports in the community, and transition from school to work or higher education. The above web site will walk you through the application and eligibility process.

Social Security Administration
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) pays benefits to disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources. SSI benefits also are payable to people 65 and older without disabilities who meet the financial limits. Social Security disability insurance (SSDI) pays benefits to you and certain family members if you worked long enough and paid Social Security taxes.  Your adult child also may qualify for benefits on your earnings record if he or she has a disability that started before age 22.

Developmental Disabilities Administration
DDA offers programs and services relevant to people with brain injuries and their families, such as Individual Support Services (ISS), which can provide payment for personal care attendants, housing, and other supports.  For most DDA programs, the brain injury must have occurred when the individual before the age of 22 years.

Maryland Transit Administration
MTA offers many services that make public transportation easier and more affordable for people with disabilities.

County Ride
Most counties provide transportation for people with disabilities. This transportation is provided in many different ways (public and private). Call the Baltimore County Department of Aging at (410) 887-3787.

Social Services
The Maryland Department of Human Resources is the state's social services provider. Some programs that may be applicable include the following: food assistance, energy assistance, child support, and medical assistance/health coverage. Click on the following link to find an office in your area:

Housing and Urban Development
HUD promotes decent affordable housing.  Information is available about federal financial assistance, local rental information, housing counseling, information for people with disabilities, and vouchers for homeownership.

Job Accommodation Network
JAN is a source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues. It helps people with disabilities enhance their employability and shows employers how to capitalize on the value and talent that people with disabilities add to the workplace.

Workers’ Compensation Commission
An injured worker may be qualified for vocational rehabilitation if the individual’s injury is severe enough to keep the individual from returning to his or her former occupation at the time of the injury.