Girls' Night Out '13 is SOLD OUT!If you weren't able to reserve a spot, we hope you're able to join us for our next event in Spring 2014. If you want to be among the first to find out the details, please subscribe to the Spirit of Women at Northwest Hospital e-newsletter.
Girls’ Night Out is back for 2013, and this year’s event will be a COLORFUL affair filled with health information and screenings, entertainment, healthy food, refreshments and a wine tasting. Comedian Poppy Champlin will have us laughing – a great way to burn calories and reduce stress. An all-female panel of Northwest Hospital doctors will answer some of the most pressing health questions. Plus, a special keepsake from the evening will equip you with preventive tips to help keep you healthy for years to come. We almost forgot to mention that there will be raffle drawings for fabulous prizes!
So grab your girlfriends, sign up, and let's have some fun!
When: Thursday, October 24, 2012 | 6 – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Northwest Hospital | 5401 Old Court Road, Randallstown, Md. 21133
R.S.V.P.: Call 410-601-WELL (9355) or register online.
Eat, drink and stop by tables to grab information about:
- Breast cancer, including family risk/genetic testing
- Women and heart health
- Women’s Wellness Center
- Food and nutrition
- Stroke prevention and awareness
- Sleep health
- Weight loss surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Physical therapy
- Eye health
- Help for domestic violence
- Health and wellness
Participate in these free screenings or active educational opportunities:
- Breast cancer risk assessments
- How to correctly do a breast self exam
- Body composition
- Bladder health
What are your most pressing questions about women’s health? Bring them to our panel of experts, which will be moderated by Victoria Proctor, M.A., R.N., women's health coach and wellness program coordinator.
Dawn Leonard, M.D.
breast surgeon and medical director of
the Herman & Walter Samuelson
Breast Care Center
at Northwest Hospital
Katharine Taber, M.D.
gynecologist and medical director of the
Women’s Wellness Center
at Northwest Hospital
Sarah Mess, M.D.
plastic surgeon with Northwest Hospital’s
Cosmetic Surgery Center
and experienced in reconstructive
breast surgery for women who have had breast cancer
Poppy Champlin, Comedian
Get ready for some serious fun! Poppy Champlin is a veteran comic whose sharp wit and intuitive jokes can penetrate the heart of any discerning audience and tickle their funny bone. She erupts onto the stage with a hip, urban cool and fearless style of comedy. The jokes, quips, songs, impressions, interactions and even bird calls come so naturally from Poppy, it’s no wonder that her shows are described as spin art – “No two alike.” Poppy is crackerjack at the craft of improv. Throw anything at her and watch as she magically turns it into comedic fodder.
In addition to entertaining U.S. troops, Poppy has appeared on Comedy Central and several TV shows, including "Comics Unleashed with Byran Allen," "The Oprah Winfrey Show," "The Joan Rivers Show," "Rosie O'Donnell's VH-1," and "Entertainment Tonight." She has opened for such comic as Ray Romano, Denis Leary, Bill Maher, Bill Hicks, Rosie O'Donnell and Paula Poundstone, to name a few. Her club appearances are too many to list.
Best of all, Poppy tackles tough subjects with ease. In this comedian's hands, we can laugh at life's most formidable perils ... and laughter that ravages fear is the best kind of all!
Attendees have a chance to win fabulous raffle gifts, including:
- LifeBridge Health & Fitness "Healthy Week" vouchers (2 gifts)
- 30-minute massage
- 30-minute personal training session
- 30-minute personal Pilates session
- 30-minute TRX session
- 30-minutes of personal nutritional counseling
- LifeBridge Health & Fitness "Weight Loss Program" vouchers (2 gifts)
- 90-day membershipPersonal health asssessment and fitness evaluation
- 24 small group training sessions
- 12 small group nutritional counseling sessions
- Spirit of Women goody bag with $50 Visa gift card
- Girls' Night Out Accessories, courtesy of the Northwest Hospital Gift Shop
- Handmade gemstone jewelry from Paula Rome
- Silver jewelry from Amazulu
- Brita® water filter pitcher
- GRAND PRIZE: Vitamix® blender
- GRAND PRIZE: Raleigh Detour 2.5 Womens bike and helmet from HUB/C'Ville Bikes