Success Starts With You!
You have lots of choices to make about the way you want to live with diabetes. Come to the Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai to make sure those choices are informed. Explore how you want to take care of yourself in an open environment that emphasizes shared experiences.
One-on-one appointments with our diabetes educator and dietitian for an individualized approach that includes:
- Personal assessments
- Individualized goal setting
- Strategies for dealing with diabetes one day at a time
- A chance to share your diabetes experience
- A personal schedule for self-monitoring of blood glucose
- Instruction in the optimal way to take medications
- Strategies for recognizing, treating and minimizing hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Nutritional counseling and strategies for reaching your dietary goals
Group classes that focus on a comprehensive overview of diabetes
Group classes offer the opportunity to share and learn from your peers. Our structured curriculum includes management of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
The latest technology in intensive management that includes:
- Continuous glucose monitoring systems to learn what your blood glucose levels really look like throughout the day
- Use of insulin pens
- Use of up-to-date therapies and the latest technology for continuous glucose monitoring and insulin pump therapy
- Information on new medications to achieve glycemic control
Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai Team Includes:
- Nurse educators certified in diabetes education and advanced diabetes management
- A certified registered dietitian
- Your doctors
- Most importantly, YOU!
Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai
2435 West Belvedere Avenue
Hoffberger Building, Suite 51
Baltimore, MD 21215
Make a commitment today to join and finish our program. It is covered by many insurance plans. Before your first appointment, our staff can find out if our program is a covered expense in your insurance plan.
The Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai is located on the Sinai campus in the Hoffberger building, on the fifth floor. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 410-601-5458.
In this video, featured on The Dr. Oz Show, Glenda Ford, administrative assistant, discusses how her life changed when she found out that she had diabetes. Monica Dorsey-Smith, R.D., from the Diabetes Resource Center at Sinai, is also seen in the piece.