Obstetrics and Gynecology participants in this program will achieve the knowledge, skills and attitudes that are essential elements for the practice of obstetrics and gynecology, as well as for the provision of ambulatory primary health care for women. Programs of training include Gynecologic Oncology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility and Urogynecology.
- Four-year program
- Formal teaching
- Direct clinical supervision
- Graduated patient care responsibility
- Broad exposure to basic obstetrics and gynecology and subspecialties
- Excellent clinical and surgical volume
- Strong emphasis on the ambulatory health care of women
- Opportunity for residents to participate in care of all patients with the goal of becoming proficient and sensitive health care providers
- Subspecialty rotations at Sinai and Johns Hopkins
- Sinai is a teaching site for students from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Opportunity to participate in care of patients requiring pelvic reconstructive surgery
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sinai has a full-time chairman, program directors, and Board-certified faculty in all generalist and subspecialty areas. There is a well-trained group of full-time generalists in obstetrics and gynecology along with many voluntary staff members who have a strong interest in resident education. All members of the department are committed to teaching the skills necessary for certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA) Online