Minogue Award for Patient Safety and Innovation
Northwest Hospital is the proud recipient of the Minogue Award for Patient Safety and Innovation. This prestigious award from the Maryland Patient Safety Center recognizes organizations where employees shape and take ownership of patient safety solutions.
Northwest Hospital is a leader in the state in quality performance and our culture of continuous improvement will only make us better!
Here are some additional accomplishments that show our dedication to quality care at Northwest Hospital:
Additional Patient Safety & Quality Awards:
- We’re a top-performing hospital with Maryland Hospital-Acquired Conditions
- We haven’t had a central line infection (CLABSI) in over a year!
- We had an overall reduction in the number of falls per 1,000 patient days in 2016
- We had a 50 percent reduction in hospital-acquired pressure ulcers (HAPUs)!
- We have nearly perfect Core Measures Scores!
- We continue to exceed the stated goals of Maryland’s patient safety certification program
- Our QUEST collaborative has been recognized by the National Quality Forum and The Joint Commission and won the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety & Quality Award, an honor which was announced at the QUEST National Conference in June 2016.
- We received the 2016 “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke” Gold Plus Achievement Award with “Target: Stroke Elite Plus Honor Roll” status. This achievement brought increased national recognition to Northwest Hospital for improving patient care and outcomes for stroke patients.
- We received a Shining Star award for the quality of our Intensive Care Unit.
- We’re the recipient of a “Top Quality Performer Award” from Press Ganey.
In addition to the Minogue Award for Patient Safety Innovation, the Maryland Patient Safety Center also acknowledged Northwest and Sinai hospitals, both part of LifeBridge Health, for several other major awards on their top 20 list.
LifeBridge Health, one of the largest, most comprehensive providers of health services in Maryland, also includes Carroll Hospital, Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, and related subsidiaries and affiliates.