At Northwest Hospital, we believe in patient and family-centered care. Protecting our patients, visitors and staff is our responsibility and highest priority. Recently, several viruses have been identified as potential public health concerns locally, nationally and internationally.
A virus called EVD 68 has been seen in nearly all states, including Maryland. This virus is from a family of viruses called enteroviruses and causes symptoms similar to a cold. However, for some patients, it can be more serious, especially in children and teens with asthma.
Also, this time of year is the beginning of flu season.
To best protect you and your family, we are implementing the following visitor policies:
• No visitors under age 14
• If you have a fever or cough, please do not visit the hospital. If you must visit, we will require you to wear a mask to protect patients and staff
• Limit of two visitors at a time. Up to two parents or guardians may stay 24 hours
• Visitation hours, other than for parents or guardians, are noon to 8 pm
• Exceptions will be made as necessary
• Also, due to heightened awareness of Ebola , we ask that you tell medical staff about any foreign travel in the last 30 days
Again, the care and safety of our patients, visitors and employees is our top priority. We are continually monitoring these viruses and will revisit this visitor policy when appropriate.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.