All of us at LifeBridge Health wish you a happy, healthy and safe summer! Because some health concerns can be seasonal, here are the top five tips you should follow to ensure you and your family's safety this summer. While these tips were created with kids in mind, most of them apply to adults too. To learn more, click on the link on each tip.
- Leaves of three, let them be! Teach kids to identify and avoid plants like poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac.
- Check for ticks. Don't forget to look behind your child's ears, in the scalp, under the arms and in the groin area.
- Practice sun smarts. Avoid direct sunlight during the hottest part of the day (usually between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the northern hemisphere).
- Be waterwise. Always supervise kids in the water, and if you own a pool, hot tub or pond, install a fence (with a locked gate) around it.
- Learn CPR. Check with Sinai Hospital or your local chapter of the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross to find a class in your area.