The Specialty Hospital at Levindale serves as a home of healing for patients who are ready to leave the intensive care unit but still require long, intensive intervention.
The Specialty Hospital is a licensed, 176-bed facility. This includes a 40-bed high intensity care unit, an 80-bed behavioral health unit, 35 subacute beds and a 21-bed respiratory care unit. The facility fully maximizes all the resources of LifeBridge Health to create a greater continuity of care.
Our physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners are all experienced in meeting the unique health care needs of our patients. The medical team, which also includes 600 nurses and nursing assistants, provides 24/7 in-house medical coverage for the patients of the Specialty Hospital and long-term residents of Levindale.
Patients come to the Specialty Hospital with a variety of rehabilitation needs and medical conditions, including:
- Brain injuries
- Heart conditions
- Ventilator dependency
- Parkinson’s disease
- Prosthetics or orthotics
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Respiratory failure
- Swallowing disorders
- Total joint replacement
- Wound care
Delivery of Care
There are unique differences in the level of medical services offered at the Specialty Hospital and those offered in long-term care facilities. The Specialty Hospital features:
- Cardiac monitors
- Monitoring substation for central monitor and visualization
- Daily bedside rounds
- Coordination of care with regard to medication management and dietary needs and respiratory, rehabilitation, physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Clinical documentation with computers at the bedside
- Cutting-edge medication delivery system
- Consultative model for wound management
- Round-the-clock laboratory and X-ray services
- On-call ultrasonography
- Vascular access
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
For more information, please call 410-601-2289.