Know Before You Go
When visiting your physician after your stroke, be sure to get the following questions answered before leaving the office:
- When can I expect to recover from my stroke?
- Can you guide me to specialists such as physical therapists who can help me regain my physical and mental functions?
- What kind of physical therapy or exercise should I do?
- Are there any dietary restrictions or recommendations?
- What are my chances of having another stroke?
- Tell me the things I need to do to decrease my chances of having another stroke?
- What medication therapy would you recommend and why?
- What are the side effects of the medication?
- What type of equipment would you recommend I purchase or lease?
- Where can I get the equipment I need to make my life and my family's life easier?