Know Before You Go
There is useful information to provide to your physician to ensure you get the most out of your visit. Before your appointment, gather the following information:
- Family history of glaucoma
- Family history of high blood pressure
- Your history of eye problems
- Findings from your physician if he or she referred you to an eye doctor: what kind of screening your physician did, the results, intraocular pressure measurements
When visiting your eye doctor, be sure to get the following questions answered before leaving the office:
- What is my intraocular pressure?
- Is there any nerve damage?
- How is my peripheral vision?
- What kind of glaucoma do I have?