Know Before You Go
CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
If you are experiencing any symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, but are not yet diagnosed:
- Keep a diary of any tingling or numbness or pain in your wrist, hand and arm including how long the symptoms have been occurring, at what time of day they occur and the intensity of the symptoms
- Make a list of any other medical issues you have such as arthritis, diabetes, or previous fractures or injuries
IF YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU THAT YOU HAVE CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME, DON'T LEAVE THE OFFICE BEFORE KNOWING THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS:
- How severe is my carpal tunnel syndrome?
- What lifestyle changes should I make?
- Can you suggest exercises that may alleviate my symptoms and pain?
- Will I need to take medication?
- What are the side effects of this treatment?
- How long will I be on this treatment?
- Do you think I will need surgery to relieve my symptoms?