Since 1899, the Levindale Auxiliary has been a vital service organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of the elderly and disabled at Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital.
In 2000, when Courtland Gardens Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, formerly Jewish Convalescent & Nursing Home, joined the fold, the Auxiliary expanded its services to include residents and staff at that not-for-profit health care center as well.
The Auxiliary is committed to helping to humanize institutional care. Members go beyond the scope of the excellent medical services provided and address the emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of the residents, patients and clients. They provide funding to promote companionship, cultural stimulation and mechanisms, which enable the elderly to maintain their dignity and pride.
The Levindale Auxiliary has members from the community who support the mission of the Auxiliary through membership dues, the Life Membership Program, contribution cards, and fundraising events.
They support residents, patients and clients of the following:
What Is Provided
The Auxiliary funds requests, which range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. Examples of its support include:
- Gifts to Courtland Gardens and Levindale to help fund the Eden Alternative and Neighborhood Model programs
- Transportable dental equipment for bedside services
- Funding for the dental needs of the residents
- $25,000 gift to Levindale to help fun the "Companion Radio" Program
- Pianos and other equipment for special activities
- Mezuzahs on every door at ourtland Gardens and Levindale
- Large print prayer books and large print library
- Snowball machine for residents
- A 55 gallon aquarium
- Trips to theaters, restaurants, sporting events, concerts and museums, etc.
In addition to knowing that you've made a difference in the lives of frail, elderly and lonely elders, members receive our newsletters and invitations to fall and spring fundraisers.
To get involved, please email us
, or call the Levindale Auxiliary office at 410-601-2378. You may also order contribution gift cards for any occasion.
Levindale Geriatric Center and Hospital
2434 West Belvedere Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215-5299