The Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology is supported by the Herman & Walter Samuelson Children’s Hospital at Sinai, one of the most comprehensive pediatric departments found in a community hospital, which includes numerous specialists and a 10-bed pediatric intensive care unit.
The Alfred I. Coplan Pediatric Hematology Oncology Outpatient Center provides a large, bright and friendly space for our littlest patients and their families. The center embraces a patient- and family-centered approach by providing better exam and infusion facilities for patients and their accompanying family members.
We support a family-centered care approach built on partnerships between families and health professionals during and after a child is treated for a diagnosed illness. We have found that family-centered care improves and enhances clinical outcomes for children with special needs and provides more support for families as they deal with the challenges of raising a chronically ill child.
Our location near the main hospital entrance provides easy access to other hospital services as well as the Alvin & Lois Lapidus Cancer Institute, home of the outpatient infusion center. Both areas share the same laboratory and pharmacy. The Samuelson Children’s Hospital also offers our patients the Bridge Clinic for pediatric cancer survivors two or more years off therapy.
Our center is led by Jason Fixler, M.D., and Joseph Wiley, M.D.
- Five large exam rooms that are patient-centric
- An onsite pediatric lab for blood counts, bone marrow aspirates and spinal fluid exams
- Technology that supports the electronic health record
- Five private infusion bays that are monitored in a new nursing station configuration
- Improved access of the patient chart in a comforting, bright, child- and adolescent-friendly environment
- A private family conference room located next to the clinic
- Social worker offices for learning resources and private family meetings
- Hematologic and malignant disease
- White cell and platelet disorders
- Coagulation disorders
- Solid tumors
The specialists at the Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology discuss their passion for helping children:
Dr. Jason Fixler discusses pediatric hematology/oncology at Sinai Hospital.
Dr. Unguru discusses his role as a pediatric hematologist/oncologist.
Dr. Joseph Wiley shares his love of pediatrics at the Children's Hospital.
Dr. Fixler discusses childhood cancer.
Joseph Wiley, M.D., Chief of Pediatrics, Herman & Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital at Sinai
Learn more about us
Herman & Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital
Ground Floor Blaustein Building
2401 W. Belvedere Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21215