With a focus on Family Centered Care, our new facility is officially open! The new and improved space includes larger, ergonomic patient rooms that allow space for the patient care team and family members.
The facility features 26 private inpatient rooms. Each inpatient room is equipped with a video game system, 42” flat screen television, a sleeper sofa bed for parents, storage with a combination lock and a small table for paperwork, homework or playing games. Each room includes a full bathroom with a shower, child seat and a removable shower head for smaller children. Computers are located in each room for staff documentation.
Additional highlights of the new facility include:
- 3,000 square feet hospital lobby
- 34,500 square feet inpatient pediatrics unit
- Interior marine design theme
- Live broadcast feed from National Aquarium in Baltimore
- Larger playroom for kids, and a separate room for teens
- Physical therapy treatment room, two nurses stations and medical staff offices on the unit
- Pediatric themed décor including furniture, art and accessories
- Spacious rooms with windows and lots of natural light
- Several small gathering areas for patients and families outside of their rooms
- Green roof area which is visible from the playroom area
- Family hospitality area that includes a microwave, sink and refrigerator
- Environmental control spaces and clinical support spaces
- On-site Build A Bear store
- Live broadcast feed from National Aquarium in Baltimore - Coming Soon!
The Alfred I. Coplan Pediatric Hematology Oncology Outpatient Center
, which was the first phase of the expansion project, was completed in August 2010. The third phase of the project includes the relocation and expansion of our Children's Diagnostic Center. This area is scheduled to be completed by November 2012.
The three-year pediatric residency program provides residents with thorough preparation for general pediatric practice and a strong foundation for subspecialty training.
Residency Program Highlights
- More than 35 full-time, board-certified faculty members
- More than 15 pediatric subspecialties represented
- State-of-the-art Pediatric Emergency department
- Subspecialty rotations at Sinai, Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland affiliated hospitals
- Major teaching site for students from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Recipient of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association Teaching Award recognizing Sinai's innovations in making primary care services available to an underserved population
- Large volume and diversity of patient population
- Competitive fellowship placement in numerous pediatric subspecialties
Sinai's pediatrics training program is also fully accredited by the Residency Review Committee for Pediatrics of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA) Online
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Office of Medical Education
2401 W. Belvedere Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Back to Top