In March 2012 The Herman & Walter Samuelson Children's Hospital at
Sinai reopened its doors to a beautifully renovated facility that features 26 private inpatient rooms. Each inpatient room is equipped with a video game system, 42” flat screen television, a sleeper sofa bed for parents, storage with a combination lock and a small table for paperwork, homework or playing games. Each room also includes a full bathroom with a shower, child seat and a removable shower head for smaller children. Computers are conveniently located in each room for staff documentation.
In addition to having a top notch facility, the Children's Hospital also features a three-year pediatric residency program that provides residents with thorough preparation for general pediatric practice and a strong foundation for subspecialty training.
Residency Program Highlights
- More than 35 full-time, board-certified faculty members
- More than 15 pediatric subspecialties represented
- State-of-the-art Pediatric Emergency department
- Subspecialty rotations at Sinai, Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland affiliated hospitals
- Major teaching site for students from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Recipient of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association Teaching Award recognizing Sinai's innovations in making primary care services available to an underserved population
- Large volume and diversity of patient population
- Competitive fellowship placement in numerous pediatric subspecialties
Sinai's pediatrics training program is also fully accredited by the Residency Review Committee for Pediatrics of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database (FREIDA) Online
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Office of Medical Education
2401 W. Belvedere Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
Back to Top