The Spine Centers feature systems proven to improve patient outcomes, including:
- Evidenced-based protocols to enhance standardization of care
- Nursing staff specialized in spine care
- Designated OR staff who provide consistency in staffing to physicians
- Inpatient clinical care pathways by procedure and standing order sets that facilitate the speed and consistency of preoperative and postoperative care.
- Dedicated administrative support, including nurse spine coordinator
- Strong physician leadership
- Spine fellowship (working with ortho spine docs)
- Clinical and Economic Outcomes Monitoring
- Dedicated Patient Education Materials (by procedure)
- Patient Education & Hospital Orientation - MDA - Multidisciplinary Assessment Day
The Spine Center at Sinai Hospital
Ira Garonzik, M.D., director of The Spine Center at Sinai Hospital, gives an overview of the center and its capabilities.